Monday, August 16, 2010

The Gospel According to Castro

If your young children are in the habit of reading this blog, you need to do two things:
1. help them get a life
2. shield their eyes from some of the profanity I am about to use

I am so damn sick and tired of the Mariners losing ball games at the last minute, I could just spit! They did it again tonight. That damn David Aardsma was pitiful in relief. He is supposed to be a major league pitcher - how come he can't throw strikes?? What a bunch of crap!

And offense?? I tell you what, their inability to score runs is absolutely unacceptable! I think their upper-management people should be fired immediately. Seriously!! This is just bull_ _ _ _ !!!

Now, the real topic of my tirade. You know who I am even more sick of??? Fans who are not fans at all!! They are no more than immature, self-centered babies! Their team doesn't win so they have all the answers. They think that the Mariners' upper-management people should be fired immediately!! And they whine about the pitching and the offense being so weak.

Now, before you point your finger at me, let me say this: I haven't missed a game in at least six years, I watch them all. (Just ask RaeLyn, the Queen of Sainthood.) I am a baseball fan and my favorite major league team is the Seattle Mariners. End of discussion.

Baseball is a game. One team wins and one team loses. There are players and they play. Sometimes they play well and sometimes they play less than well. There are umpires. Sometimes (most of the time) they make the right call and sometimes they don't. All of these folks are people, not automatons, nor robots. They are doing the very best that they can at that moment. And by gosh, I hope they win. But when they don't, although I may be angry, they are still my team.

If you don't like the Mariners, that's fine. Then choose a different team to support. But don't you ever give up on your team! Real fans don't ever give up. They just "wait'll next year!!"

No comments: